02 April 2009

Out Like a Lamb

We ended March with a bang this year, and perfectly in sync with the saying "In like a lion, out like a lamb." (Speaking of lambs, here's the photo I decided to submit for the competition. It didn't have the highest number of votes, but I picked it anyways! Thanks for those who did put in their two cents. It was neat to see who picked what.)....Back to "out like a lamb." Snow on Saturday, then low 60's on Tuesday. March ended more like summer glory (Scottish summer, that is) than a spring lamb, but hey, I'm not complaining! It was amazing to see the sun most of the day, feel it's warmth beating down on me when sitting outside with some friends after work and just enjoy being alive! This afternoon has been much of the same. These warm days are rare treats here and have interestingly enough made me homesick for NC. I'm afraid we are getting spoiled with all the good weather this week. On my walks to and from work I can't keep my eyes off the bright colors of the daffodils, the buds of pink bursting from tree limbs, nor from whispering to the tightly wrapped new leaf growths begging them to unfurl and show us their green bodies. God is so good to give us spring to enjoy!

No comments: