21 June 2009

Summer Solstice Sadness

First things first, Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there! And Happy Father's Day (again) to my dad, truly the best dad a daughter could have. I love you and can't wait to see you in a week!!!

The longest day of the year is upon us (and nearly over in this part of the world). The official start to summer has surprisingly been a mild and sunny one. I wish there were more like it here. To show you just what the longest day of the year is like here, I will show you this (not so great picture) I took at 3:15am after a trip to the loo. Not sure how I managed to even think to do this, but all the brightness streaming in the windows awakens my mind more than I'd like some nights. In any case, I think it actually seemed brighter than this but it is generally what what it was like.
According to this website, this photo would have been taken about 15 minutes after civil twilight (when it first starts getting light) and about an hour before the sun actually rose. All in all, you gotta love the fact that today we 20 hours and 16 minutes of visible light! Unfortunately, it is all downhill from here.

1 comment:

Miss Mommy said...

I share your sadness...