21 August 2008

Does it Still Exist?

I am beginning to wonder if the sun really exists since we haven't seen it in ages. Can someone please verify this for me?

Today at work (while I was bored out my mind alphabetizing papers for a couple hours) I had an invention idea. My co-workers and I had, of course, been discussing this disgusting weather we've been having the past 3 weeks. I began to wonder if we could invent a large tube/pipe that would run from our office ceiling, up through the roof, through the varied levels of clouds, right up into the blue skies and bright sun? We'd then channel all that goodness right back down to our office (and hey, why not get one for the house too?), cover the windows with lovely pictures of tropical paradise scenes, and actually enjoy summer as it was meant to be....

Anyone interested in 1) Taking this on American Inventor? 2) Marketing this idea?

Need.Sun. Please.Send.ASAP.

3 comments:

JAH said...

I hear you girl! It's not so bad now here, but come November on, it's rough. Wish I could send some sun your way....

Helen

The Green Family said...

AMEN!

Kristin Tabb said...

Rachel, are you serious? All I can think of when I think of visiting you in Scotland is SUN! Has something to do with the sun barriers we put up in your apartment every night to keep the sun out while we slept...

Crazy! I can't believe that part of the world got dark again.