10 May 2008

A Special Visit

You know you are getting old (or at least older) when someone you vaguely remember being born, then you carried around as a small toddler, then babysat, and then taught in the youth group graduates from college and is engaged to be married. It was a special treat to have Stephanie Bollman and her fiance, Brandon, visit us this afternoon on their way back to Ohio after a family vacation in South Carolina. I don't think I've seen Steph since her high school graduation party 4 years ago!

She's always been kind of like the little sister I never had just because our parents have been good friends for over 20 years and our families have spent a lot of time together through the years (especially when growing up). I was bummed last week when I heard Steph and her family were passing through and we were going to be in Raleigh, so I was surprised to hear that I was going to get to see her and Brandon after all! What a special treat!
In other news, Mark has made it safely to Cayman to see his Mom and family. He says it's HOT. Glad to hear nothing has changed in Cayman!
I spoke too soon about my environmental allergies. I woke up yesterday feeling like I remember feeling other springs in NC--pretty miserable. I still love it here, just wish I wasn't allergic to the grass/trees/weeds that grow here....

No comments: