21 February 2009

The Return of the Snowdrop!

It has been refreshing to see the lengthening days again! Mark and I were talking tonight at dinner that it will only be another 4-5 weeks (I think) until we'll spring forward, then we'll really see some long days again! This week we've even had a couple days of spring-like weather. And I was completely overjoyed to see my first snowdrops and crocuses straining their necks from the earth towards the fresh air!!! I have been waiting for this event for nearly a year. Last year I photographed the snowdrops several times and they were some of my favorites of the whole year that I took. Looking back at last year's post, I was astonished to see it was the exact same day that I first wrote about them last year!

I had a few moments today before my counselor training course, and the park where I went last year wasn't too far out of my way, so I decided to stop by for about 30 minutes. It was refreshing to be outside photographing again! I just really adore these dainty flowers. And while I know that it will be May sometime before the trees really start to get leaves and the days really stay warmer (if they ever really do stay warm here!), but it's still been rejuvenating to have small bits of hope that longer, warmer, prettier days are coming.

No comments: