01 February 2009

7 Years Ago Today....

......my life changed in another drastic way. It was the day I became Mrs. MO-to-be!This past week I was telling one of our student workers the lengthy story of Mark's proposal. I had forgotten how sweet, thoughtful, funny and romantic Mark had been that wonderful Friday night! In brief (so as to not leave you hanging about how he actually did it), he left notes in various places for me after I got off of work telling me where to go or what to do next. The game was "Find Your Boyfriend" with the statement "You will not be disappointed" at the end. He was right! I was NOT disappointed. Quite the opposite! At the end of the game the trail led me to his car where he came and met me (I was blindfolded at this point). He then drove me to a cute little park tucked away in our small town that I didn't even know about. He kept me blindfolded, sat me down on a bench and then was on one knee when he had me take the blindfold off. The ring above was in his hand ready to put on mine. He, of course, said amazingly sweet and beautiful things that I wish I could remember. I, of course, cried while listening and saying yes. I walked around in a daze for the next few days (and months, and maybe a year). We were married a very fast four months later! What another wonderful memory February 1st holds in my heart.

1 comment:

In Everything said...

YAY!! I remember finding out from Brian that Mark had something planned... he wasn't supposed to tell me but he could lie to his new fiance...LOL!

And then that early evening, I was wondering "are they engaged yet"?? And then Brian called and said his "job" was over;)

What fun to remember all the thought and planning Mark went through:)