17 July 2009

Thoughts on my Week

Thought I'd share some things about my week that I've learned/thought about:

1. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:9). I appreciate that every month in our church bulletin there is a verse to memorize and meditate on for the whole month. This month's has been very timely shared.

2. The University campus floods (in parts) when large amounts of rain fall in a short amount of time. I now know where those parts are.

3. When it is said of a company that they've "gone into administration" it means they've gone bankrupt. I was thankful for a co-worker's explanation on this one.

4. Discussing tax matters with the city's Council is similar to a David and Goliath story. I long to see God's hand move in mighty ways like He did on David (and Israel's) behalf.

5. The thought of having to give an hour long campus tour to prospective students is an overwhelming thought. I do not think my 1.5 hours of training will suffice. But if anyone wants to let me practice on them, let me know :)

6. The book "My Sister's Keeper" is difficult to put down, thought-provoking, and evokes all sorts of emotions.

7. I'm married to a wonderful man and I'm so grateful for him. I continue to enjoy the adventure called life with him.

8. Looking back on life: We left Raleigh 2 years ago on Wednesday and started our crazy Scottish adventures, that began with 7 weeks or so of seeing family and finishing preparations for the big move. Sometimes it feels longer than 2 years.

9. The UK's new visa laws that have just gone into effect are wreaking havoc on our department at work. I will be impressed to see international students arrive on time in September.

10. Waking up to an alarm again daily this week has been a slap in the face after enjoying some lazy mornings during my 2 and a half weeks off. I'm thankful it is the weekend.

I know there are others, but think I will leave it at that. Since today's post if sans photos, go here to enjoy some of my favorites from when my parents were here.

1 comment:

Miss Mommy said...

I would LOVE a tour if you still want to by the time we get back!!