29 November 2007

I've Been Tagged...

In this wonderful world of Blogging there is even tag--what could be more fun?! I will humor you all and play along....since both Ronnica and Jennie have tagged me in a "7 Random/Weird things" meme (meme... What's a meme? I just found out that it's something that's passed from blog to blog).

Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share seven random or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So there you have it...let the randomness begin....
Seven random/weird things about me:

1. I was born on the date the Constitution was signed...well, not THE day, but the same month/day -- Sept. 17!

2. I sleep with a pillow over my head. I know it sounds suffocating, but there is something warm and cozy about it. Don't worry, I leave a breathing hole so I can breathe. Since our room is usually about 55F this has been coming in very handy so I can stay warm while sleeping!

3. I have been to Niagara Falls 8 or 9 times. Since I grew up about 3 hours away we often went even for a day trip, especially when family was visiting. I love the Maid of the Mist!

4. I despise nail files. Using them gives me goose bumps....I am a little better now that I am older, but I still only use them when I absolutely have to. I can't stand others using them either. It's the whole fingernails on a chalkboard thing...ahhhh....make it stop!

5. Between Mark and I (and including us) we have immediate family living in 5 countries (Scotland, England, US, Cayman Islands, and Israel).

6. I almost always drink water. I honestly don't care much for other beverages and can't drink most of them because of my food allergies. When I do want something different, especially warm, I am hooked on freshly boiled ginger in water and then a green tea bag thrown in (and then taken out, of course), with a little honey. Delicious! Also good for the body's immune system and inflammation. If you ever feel a cold coming on, try this first thing and often you will feel better!

7. I learned today that I work at the UK's 5th oldest university (University of Aberdeen) (after Oxford, Cambridge, St. Andrew's and Glasgow), which also happens to be the 137th highest ranked uni in the world (although they are striving for the top 100....can you tell I had New Staff Orientation today?) :) What a privilege for us to be here for this season in our life!

So there you have it...fun facts about Rachel. Let's let others join in the fun too!

I tag: Kate, Allison, Rachel, Corrie

I think everyone else I know in the blogging world has already been tagged.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny that you sleep with a pillow over your head!! I cracked up when you said "I leave a little air-hole so I can breathe." Heehee... That's a very cute picture.

Mark and Rachel said...

I think the sleeping with something over my head is a trait from my Dad's side. He does something similar and I have cousins who also like their head covered by pillows or blankets. Who knew that could be a family trait?!

Ronnica said...

Whatever, we know that you are as old as our country...

I used to have a roommate that would sleep like a mummy, completely under the covers. Sometimes when I'm cold I do that, but I get hot with all my air in there!

Thanks for playing along!