23 August 2007

This Week's Updates

I wanted to share with you a few other pictures I took while we were in Cayman. Ever since my first time in Cayman I have been highly entertained by the chickens (except for when they cock-a-doodle-do at 4:30am!) that live around Mark's mom's house. They seek shade under these bushes (that the chicken is on) and maybe sleep there too? I found it humorous that they got on top of the bushes and ate from them.

I also kept an eye out for the green iguana that lives by her house too. I caught him on camera a couple times...once running away as you can see!


For those of you who have been asking or wondering about Mark's family regarding Hurricane Dean, they are doing well.

Thankfully there was only some coastal damage done to some parts of the island. His family was safe throughout and their property sustained little to no damage. Praise God for answering our prayers to turn the hurricane south of the island!

My health continues about the same as it has been. I was grateful to have about 5 good days in a row. I was so blessed to been seen on Monday by a Respitory Therapist who attends my parents' church. He tested my lungs and how they were functioning. At the time of the test I was within normal limits. He also gave me a Peak Flow Meter which has allowed me to test my breathing at home. This has been very helpful so I can see that when my throat feels tight it is indeed tight! It's nice to know sometimes that things aren't all in your head :)

Tuesday night of this week I suffered another pretty strong reaction, but I am doing better again. I have not been able to get an earlier appointment with the allergy/asthma doctor, so I will be going this coming Tuesday the 28th at 3:00. Please keep us in your prayers as we seek this doctor's advice regarding my condition. I will try to update this Tuesday or Wednesday of next week if I am able and let you know how that turns out.

1 comment:

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

thanks for the update... so glad to hear about his fam in the islands, too!

hope tuesday brings some good news!
nicole