11 January 2010

A New Sign & Some Snow

Those of you who have been around for awhile on here know that I have enjoyed finding "fun" (or more appropriate, perhaps, "funny") signs. Yesterday I found one that about tops them all.

I am not quite sure how that works, but it sounds scary. For all involved.

After we'd had a good laugh about it, Mark remembered that the place where we were (Lochter Activity Centre) had team building type activities. I just looked it up, and he's right, it is one of their fun activities. But still sounds a bit dangerous/scary. Nice of them to give a wee sign to warn you :)

Mark had the itch already to get out of the city and see some countryside. Well, more like snow covered fields. I wasn't quite as excited to go as he was, but at some point it hit me that I grew up with feet and feet of snow each winter in Ohio and he didn't. Maybe I got jaded at some point?! But after putting him off Saturday I agreed to go yesterday since it was nice and sunny. It was a beautiful day, albeit rather cold. We drove somewhat aimlessly until we ended up at the above mentioned place. I was glad we went, though since it offered a few new photos. And the fields and hills really were lovely. Maybe not as jaded as I thought.

That tiny speck in the centre is the orange life preserver. While Aberdeen city only had about 1-2 inches of snow in the past few days, it seems all the shire received more like a foot. We drove through various parts and couldn't believe the amount of snow they had. The fishery/pond below looked very different than when I was there in Oct. 2008.



Sunset reflecting off the snow rows.


Frozen Tundra covered in sunlight.


I'll spare you the rest :) I took the new header while driving in the car. Unfortunately, I only had a second to react (thus not having time to adjust the settings) when I saw it so it is slightly blurry at the bottom, but something about that makes it all the more intriguing to me.

No comments: